abilities to play and work!
Miracle Park is a project designed for people of ALL ages and abilities to play and work! It will be located in Rock Hill, SC and will be the first of its kind in the US! It will also be the first park in the world to hold a Universal Design certification! Please click the site plan tab for more information on the different phases of development, and to make it all happen, please consider donating today!
Phase 1 – The first portion of the 15-acre Miracle Park, completed in September 2021, includes:
- 1 Miracle League Field
- Concessions Area
- One-of-a-Kind Inclusive Playground designed for play for all ages and abilities which includes music, resistance equipment, interactive games, and more while keeping in mind the sensory issues many kids and adults face today.
- Sensory walls and pathway that addresses all 5 of senses!
- Family restroom
- Adult Changing station
- Traditional Baseball Field
- Universal Design elements
Phase 2 – Development stage – After successful fundraising from over 500 donors in the community, we have raised all funds for Phase 1 and are now seeking funding for Phase 2, which will include:
- Multi-purpose field suitable for football, soccer, lacrosse, kick ball, basketball, volleyball and more; as well as a shelter/building for equipment storage and covered area for use during inclement weather.
- An Adaptive Challenge Course (being custom-designed and made in partnership with the Panthers and GameTime – see what the original course looks like here)
- Therapeutic Fishing Pond
- Golf element
- 2nd Miracle League baseball field
Fundraising for this phase will start after Phase 2 is complete and will focus on retail spaces that seek to equip and employ individuals with disabilities, with the purpose of job training and work experience to build resume’s and create a successful model for inclusive work in our community and change the statistics surrounding employment for those with disabilities.
Click on the Donate Button to Help build Miracle Park!
York County Disabilities Foundation
The Foundation is recognized as a non-profit 501-(c) 3 entity and all contributions are tax deductible.
You can donate directly using button above or you can mail checks to:
The York Disabilities Foundation
PO Box 37021
Rock Hill, SC 29732
Choose York County Board of Disabilities in Amazon as your charity to shop for and 0.5% of all their sells will go to the park!