Designed for people of all abilities
Miracle Park is a park designed for people of ALL ages and abilities to play and work TOGETHER – a place for EVERYONE to BELONG! It is located at1005 Eden Terrace, Rock Hill, SC and is the first park in the world to hold a Universal Design certification! The park is a result of a public-private partnership between The York County Disabilities Foundation and The City of Rock Hill: the Foundation is fundraising and developing the park, and the City’s Parks, Recreation, and Tourism Department maintains, operates, and programs the park and the Miracle League. Please browse our site for more about the park and the Miracle League.
If you have questions specific to development and fundraising, please contact Kylie Carroll, the Executive Director of Miracle Park, HERE.
Phase 1 – Complete:
- 1 Miracle League Field
- Concessions Area
- One-of-a-Kind Inclusive Playground designed for play for all ages and abilities which includes music, resistance equipment, interactive games, and more while keeping in mind the sensory issues many kids and adults face today.
- Sensory walls and pathway that addresses all 5 of senses!
- Family restroom
- Adult Changing station
- Traditional Baseball Field
- Universal Design elements
Phase 2 – Development stage – After successful fundraising from over 500 donors in the community, we have raised all funds for Phase 1 and are now seeking funding for Phase 2, which will include:
- Multi-purpose field suitable for football, soccer, lacrosse, kick ball, basketball, volleyball and more; as well as a shelter/building for equipment storage and covered area for use during inclement weather.
- An Adaptive Challenge Course (being custom-designed and made in partnership with the Panthers and GameTime – see what the original course looks like here)
- Therapeutic Fishing Pond
- Golf element
- 2nd Miracle League baseball field
Fundraising for this phase will start after Phase 2 is complete and will focus on retail spaces that seek to equip and employ individuals with disabilities, with the purpose of job training and work experience to build resume’s and create a successful model for inclusive work in our community and change the statistics surrounding employment for those with disabilities.
Click on the Donate Button to Help build Miracle Park!
York County Disabilities Foundation
The Foundation is recognized as a non-profit 501-(c) 3 entity and all contributions are tax deductible.
You can donate directly using button above or you can mail checks to:
The York Disabilities Foundation
PO Box 37021
Rock Hill, SC 29732
Choose York County Board of Disabilities in Amazon as your charity to shop for and 0.5% of all their sells will go to the park!
The Miracle Park is maintained and operated by the City of Rock Hill Parks, Recreation & Tourism Department. Please contact them with questions or concerns:
PRT DEPARTMENT →